Monday, May 31, 2010

For many, JEE results matter more

For many, JEE results matter more

Mumbai: Engineering aspirant Manisha Arora may have secured 89% in the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) exams, but it is her scores in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) of the IITs and the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) that really matter.
And she is not alone.
A large number of students are paying little attention to the HSC exams, and are instead concentrating on entrance tests for medicine and engineering colleges.
Today, the marks scored in HSC don’t count as professional courses have their own entrance tests. The IIT-JEE results will be declared on Wednesday.
“I am waiting for the state CET results and I am also trying for admission to Manipal University,” said Priyanka Padhye, who has secured 77.33% in HSC. “I was not really worried about my HSC scores. I am very satisfied with what I have got.”
While the Std XII results (HSC, ISC and CBSE) may be out, there are several students who are more worried about their entrance exam results. A college seat for them is merely a back-up plan.
“I have given JEE, CET and the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE),” said Divya Aishwarya, who scored 81% in CBSE. “I want to pursue engineering, so I hope Ican make the cut in these competitive exams.”
The same is true for Manish Mistry (name changed) who is keen on doing medical and is waiting for his CET results. “But to be on the safe side, I will secure a seat in BSc,” said Mistry, who scored 74% in his Std XII.
Shivangi Rai has scored 88% and is now awaiting the AIEEE and the CET results. “For me, my Std XII and my entrance tests were important. But it is true that if you ultimately want to purse engineering or medical, it’s your performance in the entrance exams that matter,” she said

Source Link: http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_for-many-jee-results-matter-more_1387873

No comments:

Post a Comment