Monday, May 10, 2010

Toppers over the moon in Bangalore, aim higher

Toppers over the moon in Bangalore, aim higher


Bangalore: For toppers of the SSLC 2010 examinations, the results announced on Thursday are the first step towards pursuing their dream jobs.
Apoorva J, from AV Education Society, JP Nagar, Bangalore, was not surprised at all when she heard of her top-class performance in the exams.
“I really expected those marks, but I didn’t know I would be the topper. In the school preparatory exams, I consistently got 616, 617 and 619. I am very happy,” beams a visibly confident Apoorva, who scored a high 619 out of 625 marks, one of only three this year who have scored the near-perfect marks.
Apoorva had received an award during her school graduation day for securing the highest marks in all subjects in the school-level exam. She aspires to be an IAS officer. But before that she wants to get into engineering graduation.
“I have decided to take up science (PCME subjects). I plan to do my graduation in engineering and want to be an administrator by clearing the IAS examinations,” she told DNA.
Her formula for a good score? “There’s no point in studying 8-10 hours a day. I used to study for 3-4 hours a day. I prefer to study at night,” Apoorva said. Vijaya Composite or Junior College is her first choice of college, she said.
Aishwarya Rajiv from Sadvidya School, Mysore, who also scored 619 marks, unlike Apoorva, is pleasantly surprised with her achievement.
“I am really surprised that I am one of the toppers. I want to thank my parents and teachers who supported me. My school conducted more preparatory exams which helped me to score well,” said Aishwarya. She wants to be a doctor and has decided to take up science (PCMB) in PUC.
DNA also spoke to a few students who passed with distinction. Abhishree S who scored a total of 600 out of 625 is from AV Education Society, JP Nagar, Bangalore. “I had not expected this result and I am really happy with it,” she said. Abhishree wants to be an engineer.
She is also glad that her school mate, Apoorva, is among the three toppers in the examination. Another top scorer is Pavani Acharya, with 607 marks in her kitty. From Carmel Convent High School, Jayanagar, Pavani wants to join Christ College and take up commerce. “In my family, we have many engineers. I want to do MBA,” said Pavani.


Source Link: http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_toppers-over-the-moon-in-bangalore-aim-higher_1379649

No comments:

Post a Comment