Thursday, July 19, 2018

Study abroad fuels passion for exploration


College students’ experiences challenge who they are—and how they think—in ways that are transformative. A range of faculty-led programming blends the academic rigor and intellectual curiosity that’s central to the College curriculum with the University’s commitment to international education.

Through their experiences abroad, College students develop new lenses through which to see and reflect upon not just their academic subjects, but also themselves.
Study abroad offerings include courses that fulfill general education, major and minor requirements across a range of disciplines within the social sciences, humanities and natural and physical sciences.

Here are some experience of Indian student mentioned in the article. They  went to study abroad and this is how they explored.
 “During this annual parade, which is part of the La Mercé celebrations in Barcelona every fall, participants dressed as devils run through the streets swinging fireworks and dancing,” said first-place photo contest winner Sahil Chatterji. “I joined in the parade with my camera and had my shirt singed from the sparks, but it was worth it for the chance to experience the energy of the festival.”
“Before spending a year in Barcelona, I didn’t give much thought to the concept of tradition,” added Chatterji. “Sure, I enjoyed celebrations with family and friends, but it didn’t hit me how important taking part in collective traditions were for my own sense of self and belonging until I was alone in a new continent. A memory that will always stay with me from my time abroad is during Thanksgiving in November, when I organized an impromptu thanksgiving feast for all my new friends in the city. Since I was the only American, none of my friends were familiar with the tradition of having a Thanksgiving dinner, but they came over to cook, eat, and celebrate together with me, making Barcelona seem a little more like home as we shared a tradition with new friends from around the world.”




For more info, visit www.gkworks.in

No comments:

Post a Comment