Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Why You Should Study Abroad In College


Here is an experience of a student like you all who did her college in London. Please read and do go to the source for detailed experience. It will help you in looking forward to a phenomenal experience instead of being nervous about living you birthplace!
Arriving in London, I already knew I was meeting up with a couple other girls because our flights were arriving near enough to each other. And before I knew it I was officially on British soil.
The next step was to take the tube from Heathrow to the flat that I would be living in for the next four months. Fortunately, one of the girls I had met up with was my new roommate, so we had a chance to get to know each other. After about an hour or so, we arrived. Our flat was a couple blocks from the station, and we eagerly raced up the blocks to get to our building. We quickly got moved in and set up, and then we had a day and a half to adjust to the time zone and begin exploring. As I recall, the 14 or so of us all went to Nando’s for dinner that night.
I loved every class I took in London. Most of my classes were in a small building a few blocks away from my flat. There I took a religion class, an art class, the seminar we all were assigned, and a class about Contemporary Britain, which allowed us to look at current issues and differences between Britain and the U.S. For the most part, these felt like ordinary U.S. classes, just meeting once a week for a couple hours instead of twice a week for one hour or so. There were a lot more ‘field trips’, though. I was at a different museum each week, and I got to visit several different places of worship, and even meet a practicing witch as part of the religions course.
The class that felt the most foreign to me was the class I took through London South Bank University (LSBU). I come from a small college where 30 students are considered an overfilled class. To sit in a lecture hall fitting 300 was a huge change. In addition, we had different lecturers each week as they took turns presenting on their areas of expertise. And the two-hour lecture was followed by a two-hour seminar where we worked together in small groups on a final project. Although this was a big adjustment for me, I found that I rather enjoyed this class. It was structured differently to the classes I’d taken in the U.S. and I found the change pleasant and challenging in exactly the right ways.”... Please go to source for more. And if you are on the verge of making a study abroad decision, do visit 


No comments:

Post a Comment